Keter Folding Compact Sawhorse
Work surface holds up to 1000 lbs.
Includes 2-12 in. Clamps
Portable work station
Hitachi 115445 Heavy Duty 1200 lbs Folding Sawhorse (2-Pack)
Leading capacity at 1,200 lbs per pair
Includes 2 sawhorses and 4 sawbucks
Sawbucks designed to hold 2x4 flat on its side
Goplus 2-Pack Sawhorse
Heavy duty and high durability metal construction with up to 250 lbs weight capacity of each sawhorse.
Cross brace on both side makes a sturdy foundation.
Convenient folding design to save space when not in use.
One of the most common things you see in a workshop or on a working site is a sawhorse. After all, you need a safe space where you can cut your wood or so other activities that require some kind of stand. Some people choose to build a sawhorse themselves, while others prefer to buy one. There are pros and cons on both sides, but I tend to believe that buying one is better. Of course, you can disagree. If you are a skilled DIYer, then you know how things work, and chances are that you can build a pretty good and sturdy sawhorse.
DIY sawhorse or store-bought – which is better?
As I said before, my opinion is that it is better to buy a sawhorse from the store or online than doing one yourself. I do not want to question your DIY skills, but there are legitimate reasons as to why you should leave this to the professionals. Here are some of them:
- You can use mostly wood – most DIY sawhorses are made of wood because that is what most people know to work with. Also, wood does not require too much hassle. Metal, on the other hand, requires special tools, which are not commonly owned by DIYers. That would not be a problem, but we all know that metal is more resilient. It can also withstand a more substantial weight on it, which means that the range of activities of you can use the sawhorse for will be enhanced.
- It is not exactly safe – since wood is less resilient than metal, you may be tempted to use the sawhorse for about anything. You may not know the sawhorse’s capacity, it could break, and then accident occur. Nobody wants that, least the person using the sawhorse. The store-bought sawhorse comes with a maximum capacity, and you know exactly what you can and cannot put on it. Simple as that.
- Capacity – store-bought sawhorses come with technical specifications so that you know precisely how much pressure you can exert on it. A sawhorse that you do yourself does not come with the said specifications so you can put yourself in dangerous situations. Remember that safety comes first, and you should always try to avoid unpleasant circumstances. Moreover, you will never have the right materials to make a sawhorse with a capacity of 2500 pounds, for example. You need expertise and high-quality metal and welding for that. If you do have those resources at hand, then by all means, go ahead. But if not, my friendly advice is to leave that to someone who produces sawhorses for a living.
- Additional features – store-bought sawhorses are made in a factory with the help of special tools. The manufacturer can produce sawhorses that come with special features that prove most useful at times. For example, you may not be skilled enough to make a folding sawhorse. The mechanism is not complicated to replicate in case you decide that you want to build a foldable sawhorse yourself, but it can sure be more difficult.
As you can see, I am against a DIY sawhorse. Not in all cases, of course. If you need to cut some wood for house framing, then a wooden sawhorse that you build in your backyard should do just fine. However, if you have bigger plans for your sawhorse, put your safety first and buy one or two. They are not that expensive.
How to choose the best sawhorse?
When you are on the market for a new sawhorse, you may feel a bit frustrated because there are so many of them. Maybe you have a favorite brand, or some friend recommended a particular product. However, if that is not the case, you are pretty much on your own, and you need to learn how to make the right choice by yourself. Here is what you need to consider when you are looking for the best sawhorse:
- Dimensions – not all sawhorses are created equal. Some of them are longer, while others are wider. That depends on what you need the sawhorse for. But one of the dimensions you should not overlook is the height. When you work on a sawhorse, you need to be able to work comfortably. Otherwise, you can get a back pain that does not disappear for months. Trust me on this. I suppose you know how tall you are, so make a decision accordingly. If you find an adjustable sawhorse, that is even better. That way you can adjust the sawhorse according to your every project.
- Material – the material used for the manufacture of a sawhorse is yet another critical Sawhorses are usually made of aluminum, steel, and even heavy-duty plastic. These materials are generally the sturdiest, and they can withstand a lot of weight. Keep in mind that this is a safety issue before anything else.
- Capacity – since we are talking about materials, you need to look at the weight capacity of a sawhorse before you buy it. That is because different projects involve different needs. If you buy a sawhorse with a significant weight capacity, but you use it for small jobs, that is fine. The other way around, however, is against safety rules. Never try to exceed the maximum weight capacity. That is how people are left without toes or feet. You should leave a sticker out at all times so that everyone around you is aware of the maximum possible load.
- Portability – when you buy a sawhorse for your workshop, you do not need a folding model. If you need to take it with you on construction sites, the story changes. You need to buy a model that is easy to transport and carry around. Lucky for you, there are plenty of folding sawhorses on the market, and you can take your pick. Of course, a foldable sawhorse is not a bad idea for your workshop or garage either. That way, when you do not use it, you can simply fold it together and store it somewhere where it cannot bother you in your day to day life.
- Ease of use – when you buy a product, whatever that may be, you want it to be easy to use. It goes the same with a sawhorse. You should go for a model that folds and unfolds quickly and is easy to put together. At the same time, non-slip feet are crucial since a slippery sawhorse can lead to accidents.
What are the best sawhorses?
Now that you have all the information, looking for the best sawhorse should be a little bit more straightforward. However, if you still have some difficulties in finding the right one, you can do one of two things. You can either read sawhorses reviews online so that you know other people’s opinions, or you can choose one of the models below. Either way, your work is cut out for you.
Keter Folding Compact Sawhorse
Looking through the products online, I came across this sawhorse, and I thought that you would like it just as much as I do. It is practical sawhorse that has a weight capacity of up to 1000 pounds. It should be more than enough for DIY projects. You can even take it with you on construction sites. Its design allows you to fold it down. Once it is folded, the convenient handle allows you to carry it like a briefcase.
The Kater sawhorse has a unique quick opening mechanism. You will receive a manual that will teach you how to fold and unfold the station in a matter of minutes. Once you get the hang of it, it should not take you long to do it. For more practicality, the manufacturer added two 12-inch clamps. As for dimensions, this sawhorse measures 85 x 55 x 75.5 cm. It should be enough to help you get the job done, as well as being comfortable to work with.
As for the construction of this sawhorse, there are two materials used for its manufacture. The feet of the sawhorse are made of durable steel, and the bottom end is covered in rubber so that it does not slip. As for the work surface itself, the manufacturer used rugged polypropylene resin, which is another reliable and durable material. It will not peel, it will not crack, rust is out of the question, it cannot get dented, and the color will resist against the elements. If you go for this product, you will get one hell of a sawhorse.
Hitachi 115445 Heavy Duty 1200 lbs Folding Sawhorse (2-Pack)
While the previous product had just one piece, the Hitachi comes with two. As you may very well know, sawhorses usually come in pairs. The Keter was an exception, but ever since sawhorses were invented, people used two at once. It makes sense if you think about it. Having two means a more even weight distribution. Leaving history aside, the Hitachi folding sawhorses have a capacity of 1200 pounds, and that is per sawhorse. When you buy two of them, the maximum weight capacity reaches 2400 lbs, which I think is more than enough for most jobs.
As for the construction, Hitachi used a plastic composite to manufacture this product. You may think that you will get a flimsy sawhorse, but this plastic is, in fact, highly durable. It will withstand everything you put on it as long as it does not exceed the capacity.
The sawbucks are designed to hold 2 by 4 flat on its side, and the indentions will support 2-inch thick lumber. The built-in shelf and the cord hooks allow you some storage space for when you work, and when you are done, you can just fold them and put them away. When folded, they occupy little space, and that is one of the things people appreciate the most. Other than that, the Hitachi sawhorses will meet the purpose for which they were created, and I think you will be satisfied with them.
Goplus 2-Pack Sawhorse
This package is destined for small jobs more than anything else. Of course, you can do whatever you want with them, but only as long as you do not put more than 250 lbs. of weight on them. Together they have a 500-pound capacity, which you have to admit that is a lot less than the previous two products. Even so, the Goplus sawhorses will help you get your work done.
The Goplus sawhorses are made of metal. The feet, as well as the working area, are meant to last, and you should have no issues with dents and cracks. The feet of the sawhorses have rubber soles so that they do not slip no matter which surface you put them on. At the same time, the top area has a rubber strip so that whatever you are working on does not slide. It is a small detail, but very helpful.
The cross brace on both sides make for a sturdy foundation of a sawhorse, and the overall design of the sawhorses, however simple it may be, ensures long-term durability. After you are done using them, you can simply fold them to save some space. They sawhorses are equipped with convenient handles for easy portability.
Your choice depends on what you need a sawhorse for, but in my opinion, the Hitachi 115445 Heavy Duty 1200 lbs Folding Sawhorse (2-Pack) is the best choice you can make. Such a sawhorse comes with all the right features, and most importantly, it has a significant weight capacity. That will surely keep you away from accidents. The fact that it folds is a great bonus. In my opinion, the Hitachi is one of the best sawhorses you can go for.
If you need a sawhorse, then you should definitely give one of the three products above a chance. They have excellent customer reviews, they are not very expensive, and I am sure they will help you get your project off the ground. You just need to pick one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Why Absolutely Everyone Is Talking About Sawhorse Design
- Best Sawhorse Design Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Valuable Tips for Horse Saw You Can Use Starting Today
- The Unusual Details About Adjustable Height Sawhorse That People Aren’t Aware Of
- The Best Portable Saw Horses Chronicles
- What Everyone Else Does When It Comes to Building Sawhorses and What You Should Be Doing Different
- The Ultimate Saw Stools Trick
- Cheap Sawhorses – an Overview
- Choosing Saw Horses Wood Is Simple
- Stanley Sawhorse: No Longer a Mystery
- The Indisputable Truth About Metal Saw Horses That Nobody Is Sharing With You
- The Battle Over Folding Sawhorse Plans and How to Win It
- Best Folding Sawhorse Secrets
- Stanley Saw Horses Ideas
- The Collapsible Sawhorse Pitfall
- Portable Saw Horses Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Sawhorse Table Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Purchasing Adjustable Saw Horses
- Vital Pieces of Folding Saw Horses
- Want to Know More About Sawhorse Workbench?
- Most Noticeable Log Saw Horse
- Saw Horse Brackets: No Longer a Mystery
- Finding the Best Wooden Saw Horses
- The Argument About Sawhorse Legs
- A Startling Fact about Folding Saw Horse Uncovered
- The Good, the Bad and Saw Horses for Sale
- The Unknown Details About Plastic Saw Horses That Some People are not Aware Of
- The Hidden Facts About Adjustable Sawhorse Revealed by an Old Pro
- What the Experts Are Not Saying About Wooden Sawhorse and How It Affects You
- Instant Solutions for Best Saw Horses
- The Fundamentals of Sawhorse Plans Revealed
- A Guide to Folding Sawhorse
- Dirty Facts About Sawhorse Brackets Revealed
- The History of Saw Horses Refuted
- Sawhorse – the Story